
Getting Away with Murder
Chris Crowe
Dial Books
Emmett Till was just a 14 year old black boy from Chicago. He didn't understand that things for black kids are different in Mississippi. He was kidnapped, tortured and murdered; for whistling at a white woman. He may have even hit on her a little. According to the citizens in Mississippi he deserved to be killed. Emmett Till did not deserved to be killed, his death brought the civil rights movement into full swing and brought many of the oppressed black population into the spot light.
Personal Review
I have never heard of anything like this, it was a cruel reminder that terrible things still happen here in the United States where justice is supposedly for everyone.The land of the brave, here where no one was brave enough to stand up for Emmett Till. I was shocked and sickened that this was the first I have ever heard of this monstrosity. This is one book that I will be telling many people about.
Warning
Vivid descriptions of the murder and pictures of the body that are disturbing.
No comments:
Post a Comment