Sunday, December 13, 2009

Hunger Games


Hunger Games
Suzanne Collins
Scholastic Press

Katniss is a surviver. She will do what ever it takes to survive and to protect her family, in particular her little sister. When the Hunger Games come to district 12, the coal district and suddenly Katniss'little sister is in trouble, Katniss jumps in to take her place on the chopping block. There is not much chance for her to win with her fellow district 12 mate Peeta at her side. They have to face others who have trained and many who just enjoy killing. While this is new to them both there are many other things to face as well, new love, learning to trust the right people and just staying alive.

Personal Review
This was one of my favorite book that I have ever read. Katniss was such an amazing strong character. I loved her as a role models for young adults, while there is somethings that I thought were very sad and awful but, the characters were all so vivid and real.

Warnings
There is some vivid imagery involving carnage.

No comments:

Post a Comment