Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Extraordinary Adventures of Alfred Kropp



Author: Richard Yancy

Summary:
Ordinary, nothing special, un-extraordinary, those are the words that Alfred would use to describe himself, his life. When his mother dies, Alfred is sent to live with his security guard, money obsessed uncle. Then when an get rich quick scheme lands in his uncle's lap he needs Alfred's help. So going along with his uncles plan, Alfred plots to steal Excalibur, King Aurthur's legendary sword. When things go awry Alfred is suddenly tosses into a world full of fast cars, sword fighting monks, and legendary societies. Alfred Kropp no longer has the time to think about how boring a life he has, he is too busy finding out how extraordinary he really is.
Personal Opinion:
I really loved this book, Richard Yance did a wonderful job to keeping you turning pages. I had to know what mess was going to find Alfred next. I really enjoyed Alfred's character as well, such an innocent and purely good person, shouldn't have to become a sword fighter. I found Alfred drive to make things that he thought were his fault entertaining but sad. He always felt like things were his fault and living with that guilt would be terrible, but I do like how Alfred really comes into his own and knows that he can finish the mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment